Eggs are at easily purchasable cost but high-nutrient snack. They are low in calories but high in vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and a variety of trace nutrients. However, the way you cook your eggs may have an effect on their nutritional profile. Here you will learn the healthiest way to eat eggs. Since Eggs are a delicacy that can be used in a variety of ways. They can be prepared in a variety of ways and are simple to mix with other nutritious foods, such as vegetables. Cooking them kills any harmful bacteria, making them safer to use.
There is no fixed amount of eggs that people can consume once. Eggs can be part of a nutritious, well-balanced diet, but they should be cooked without salt or fat. Frying eggs will result in a 50 percent increase in fat content. Our risk of heart disease is increased when we have high cholesterol levels in our blood. Despite the fact that eggs contain cholesterol, the amount of saturated fat we consume has a greater impact on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than the cholesterol, we obtain by eggs.
Nutrition of an egg
One egg contains only 75 calories, but it contains 7 grams of high-quality protein, 5 grams of fat, and 1.6 grams of saturated fat, as well as iron, vitamins, minerals, and carotenoids. The egg is high in disease-fighting nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin. A normal sized egg nutrition is given as:
- Energy: 62.5 calories
- Protein 5.5 (g)
- Total fat: 4.2 g, of which 1.4 g are saturated
- Sodium: 189 milligrams
- Calcium: 24.6 mg
- Iron: 0.8 mg
- Magnesium 5.3 mg
- Phosphorus: 86.7 mg
- Potassium: 60.3 mg
- Zinc: 0.6 mg
- Cholesterol: 162 mg
- Selenium: 13.4 micrograms
- Lutein and zeaxanthin: 220 mcg
- Folate: 15.4 mcg
- Eggs are also a source of vitamins A, B, E, and K.
Best way to cook eggs
There are numerous ways to eat eggs. Some most common of them are given below:
The yolk will become firmer the longer you cook them. You can boil egg according to your choice. If you like hardboiled egg, you have to cook for 10-12 minutes, for soft boiled egg, you just need 6-8 minutes.
Poached eggs are fried in water that is slightly cooler. They’re cracked into a pot of boiling water and cooked for 2.5–3 minutes (71–82°C). Poached eggs are made by putting an egg into boiling water and allowing it to cook. To bring the egg out without breaking it apart, use a slotted spoon.
One of the healthiest way to eat eggs is scotch eggs. A scotch egg is a hardboiled egg that has been stuffed with sausage meat and bread crumbs before being deep fried. The dish isn’t as unhealthy as it may seem, because the eggs and meat are both high in protein. The dish isn’t as unhealthy as it may seem, because the eggs and meat are both high in protein. Deep frying is also not needed. Instead, there are several recipes for baking the Scotch egg. This method provides all of the same nutrients without the inconvenience of deep frying.
Fried eggs are best choice to eat eggs for those who want to gain weight. Fried eggs are cracked into a hot pan with a thin layer of cooking fat on the bottom. Either both or single side of egg is fried, according to choice.
Eggs are baked in a hot oven in a flat bottom dish until it sets its shape. It is a straightforward method to whisk together an egg, milk, spices, salt, and pepper in a ramekin, then bake it in a water bath. The finished dish tastes great and has a custard-like consistency.
They are made by steaming eggs rather than heating them in a pot of boiling water. You end up with something that looks like a hardboiled egg, but the egg is usually softer because the cooking method is gentler. Steamed eggs have the added benefit of being easier to peel.
You just fill your pot with around an inch of water, then add the steamer and heat it up. If the pot is steaming, use tongs to gently place your eggs in the steamer. Cook the eggs for 6 minutes if you want them soft, or 11 to 12 minutes if you want them hard. Place the eggs in cold water when the timer goes off.
Scrambled eggs are whisked together in a pot, then poured into a hot pan and stirred until they are properly cooked.
Although egg drop soup may seem odd to Westerners, it is a delicious and simple soup to prepare. Boiling chicken broth, beaten eggs, and seasonings are all that’s needed for the simple recipe. The soup is often regarded as nutritious due to its low calorie content.
An omelet is made by beating eggs, pouring them into a hot pan, and cooking them slowly over low heat until they’re firm. An omelet, unlike scrambled eggs, isn’t stirred until it’s in the pan.
Eggs can be cooked in a variety of ways in the microwave. Cooking eggs in the microwave takes much less time than on the stove.
Which is the healthiest way to eat eggs?
Pick a low-calorie cooking technique: You should use poached or boiled eggs if you’re trying to lose weight. Since these cooking methods don’t add any extra fat calories, the meal would be lower in calories than fried, scrambled, or omelet eggs. The best way to eat eggs is boiled eggs for weight loss. Boiled eggs nutrition is given below:
For 1 boiled egg, nutrition on serving is:
- Calories: 78
- Total Fat: 5 grams
- Saturated fat: 2 grams
- Cholesterol: 187 milligrams
- Sodium: 62 mg
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Protein: 6 grams
By comparing these nutrition values with the nutrition of an egg, it is clear that boiled egg is more beneficial to lose weight. You can also go with egg soup and other egg recipes, which contain less oil and more vegetables to lose weight.
Add vegetables: Vegetables and eggs are a great combination. By addition of vegetables into eggs, consuming diet becomes a perfect way to boost your nutrition and vitamins level. Easy ideas involve adding your favorite vegetables to an omelet or scrambled eggs, as in this recipe.
Alternatively, cook the eggs however you like and serve with vegetables on the side as salad.
Fry them in a high-temperature oil that is stable: Oils that stay stable at high temperatures and don’t quickly oxidize to form harmful free radicals, are the best for cooking at high temperatures, such as when pan-frying. Avocado oil and sunflower oil are two excellent options. It’s safer to cook with extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
Choose the healthiest eggs you can afford: The nutritional quality of eggs can be influenced by a variety of factors, including the farming method and the diet of the chickens. Natural and pasture-raised eggs are considered to be nutritionally superior in general.
Make sure they aren’t overcooked: The more nutrients you lose is due to the longer time you cook the eggs. Higher heat for longer periods of time will increase the amount of oxidized cholesterol in foods, which is especially true during pan-frying.
Benefits of Eggs
Eggs are nature’s original super food that have been a part of our diets since the beginning of time. However, we are only now discovering the full extent of the nutritional wonders they contain, as well as how beneficial they are in promoting long-term health benefits. Eggs, which contain 13 essential vitamins and minerals, are also important sources of these nutrients, which are required as part of a healthy diet to help you be your best every day.
- The vitamins A, B-12, and selenium found in eggs are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Eggs increase good cholesterol levels.
- Some vitamins and minerals in eggs promote healthy skin and prevent tissue breakdown. A healthy immune system also contributes to a person’s overall appearance and well-being.
- Eggs are a good source of vitamin D.
- The protein in eggs aids in the maintenance and repair of body tissues, including muscle.
- Eggs contain vitamins and minerals that are required for the brain and nervous system to function properly. In this way eggs can help with mental health.
- Antioxidants in eggs are beneficial to the eyes. Eggs’ lutein and zeaxanthin content aids in the prevention of macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness. Other vitamins found in eggs promote good vision as well.
- Eggs are filling and aid in weight loss. Egg protein can help people to feel fuller for longer periods of time. This can reduce a person’s desire to snack and lower their overall calorie intake.
- Eggs are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- A healthy pregnancy can be maintained by eggs. Folic acid, which is found in eggs, may help to prevent congenital disabilities such as spina bifida.
- Eggs are one of the best sources of choline in the diet. The amino acid homocysteine, which may contribute to heart disease, is broken down by choline in eggs. In this way, eggs can be helpful in lowering the risk of heart diseases.
- Eggs aid in increasing nutrient intake for healthy aging.
- Eggs contain all of the nutrients that the body requires to produce energy.