Some intriguing new features for Apple’s mobile operating system, iOS 15.4, have been released, featuring the option to utilise Face ID with a mask and access to some slick new emoji. If you can’t wait, you may try them out right now in the first public beta, if you’re ready to risk experiencing bugs. We’ll lead you through the process of how to install iOS 15.4 public beta.
Before we begin, a word of caution regarding installing unfinished beta software: while these versions may appear to be stable for wide use, they may contain flaws. Based on the apps you use, your experience may differ from others. Finally, if you do decide to install, we recommend backing up your data in case something goes wrong.
Furthermore, depending on the phone you use, some of the new functions may not be available. According to 9to5Mac, unless you have an iPhone 12 or newer, you won’t be able to use the “Use Face ID with a Mask” option.
How to Install iOS 15.4 Beta 1
- From your phone’s Safari browser, go to Apple’s beta software portal and accept to sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you haven’t already, pick “Enroll your iOS device” under the “Get Started” subhead.
- After you’ve enrolled, scroll down to see a reminder to make sure you’ve made a backup of your phone’s content in case you need to go back to a previous state.
- Continue scrolling down until you find a “Download profile” button, then press it. A warning will appear, stating that the website is attempting to download a configuration profile. Choose “Allow.” A pop-up window will appear, stating that you can set the new profile from the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app on your phone. Near the top, a new section called “Profile Downloaded” should be added. If you choose it, you’ll be able to download the beta software.
- In the top right corner, click “Install.” By tapping “Install” a second time, you’ll have to re-enter your password and agree to the customary lengthy consent statement.
- Eventually, in the process of learning how to install iOS 15.4 public beta, it’s possible that you’ll have to restart your phone to for the profile to work.