In a recent social media post, Bryan Callen dismissed the sexual harassment and abuse accusations made against him. The 53-year-old comedian took Instagram on Sunday to share a statement directly with his fans dismissing the allegations and revealed that he is taking a “leave of absence” from his podcast “The Fighter and the Kid,” which he co-hosts with ex UFC fighter Brendan Schaub.

“When you’re in a situation like I am, you get a lot of advice from a lot of different people, and it usually falls into two different categories. They either tell you to post a statement and disappear or they say to lay low and let the news cycle pass you by,” Callen explained in the post. “Well, for better or for worse, I’m not doing any of that.”

“The Goldbergs” star continued, “I never thought in a million years I would be sitting here defending myself against something I did not do 21 years ago.

Who is Dale Moss, Clare Crawley’s Bachelorette contestant stealing hearts

“I categorically and absolutely deny all the allegations against me,” Callen said. “I wanted you to see me say that, I didn’t want to post some stale statement. I wanted you to hear that come out of my mouth.”


He indicated his unproven former actions “are not things that I could do, those are not things that I would ever do. That is not how I have ever lived my life.”

Bryan Callen said he have faith in the #MeToo movement because it is “one of the most important movements of my lifetime, because of the first time in history it gives women recourse against the abuse of power, and that makes the world a better place.”

“But I also believe in due process, and we live in a very strange time where anybody can make an allegation against you and you are guilty until proven innocent,” he said. “It’s just a fact that social media and the press alone can act as judge, jury and executioner… [so] when something like this happens, this is pretty much the only way you can defend yourself.”

PIXEL 5, PIXEL 4A 5G and PIXEL 4A are Announced by GOOGLE at Once

The Los Angeles Times released a story last week in which four women came forth saying Callen was sexually abusive to them.

One complainant, Katherine Fiore Tigerman, informed the times that she was forced down by the 53-year-old entertainer in 1999, pressuring her to have sex with him even though she asked him to stop.

Bryan Callen told to the Times, “Let me be very clear: I have never raped, forced myself upon any woman nor offered to trade stage time for sex. EVER.

“I know the truth. And I can only hold my head up high, remain true to myself, my family, my audience and know that I will not allow the cancel culture to subvert what I know and as importantly, what they know, is the truth,” he added.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *