As the seasons change, so do the fall beauty trends. While there are nearly as many lipstick colors available, we have narrowed it down to the hottest shades to try right now. This autumn, as seen on the fall 2021 runways, has something for everyone, whether you prefer a classic red, a trendy mauve shade, or prefer to keep your lips looking natural. Find your new signature shade below to seamlessly transition your beauty routine to autumn. Find the best lipstick colors for dark and fair skin. These well-known lipsticks and lip-glosses are available online at Sephora and Ulta, as well as at your local drugstore.
Slick flesh fleshy lips lipstick
The finishes were soft and expensive-feeling, the color payoff was great, and the coverage was immaculate. This new mahogany shade is perfect for the fall season.
Charlotte’s audacious lipstick
One way to shake off summer is to go straight for a moody oxblood that will undoubtedly impress. Keep the rest of your makeup to a minimum to allow your lips to speak for themselves.
Weekend gen nude matte liquid lip color
When it comes to wearing the best lipstick colors, the days of having a parched pout are long gone. The moisturizing blend keeps your lips looking as ripe as a peach. Because of its whipped, smooth consistency, we found this liquid lipstick to be the most comfortable on lips.
Pioneer superstay matte ink liquid lip color
Looking for a no-fuss lipstick? You needn’t look any further. This wand’s arrow-shaped brush allows for precise application, and the super saturated shade only requires a single swipe.
Crop natural intense matte lipstick in dare devil
The texture is creamy, but the finish is matte, and the rusty burnt-orange shade is ideal for the fall season.
Diamond milk gloss bomb universal lip luminizer
This shimmery shade acts as a highlighter for your lips, instantly illuminating them. Slick on a small amount for a lot of shine.
Meallic Matte Liquid Lipstick
Add a shimmery shade to liven things up. Because the water-resistant formula prevents your daring look from feathering, you can wear Smashbox’s liquid lipstick with confidence.
West coast butter lipstick
If you don’t like wearing a lot of makeup, this lightweight lipstick is for you. It applies like, you guessed it, butter. Reviewers love this NYX best seller for its full coverage finish combined with the cushion-like feel of lip balm.
Serial kisser plumping lip stain in bitten
With a tint, you can put this trend to the test. Buxom’s lightweight liquid lasts all day (through coffee, lunch, you name it), while moisturizing hyaluronic acid keeps lips feeling lush.
Rouge coco gloss moisturizing glossier in icing
This is literally a layer of icing on your lips. Cotton candy color adds a sweet pop of color to your pout, while peptides and coconut oil keep your lips plump.
Hydragloss High-Pigment lip gel
Smith & Cult’s lip gel has a lot going for it: rose water to hydrate dry lips, a fresh vanilla-mint scent to soothe your senses, and a bleed-proof pigment for precise application.
How to apply liquid lipstick?
Liquid lipstick is a little trickier than regular lipstick because it takes a little longer to set, but don’t be afraid of it! First, exfoliate and moisturize your lips, but remove any excess moisture. Moisturizing is important because many liquid lipstick formulas can be drying, but too much moisture can cause your liquid lipstick to run or not adhere fully to your pout. Drawing a guide around your lips with the doe-foot applicator and then filling in the center for a clean line is recommended by experts. Apply liquid lipstick in a thin, even coat — and don’t apply too many layers, as flaking is undesirable.
Summarizing the steps to apply lipstick perfectly
- Make an ‘x’: Locate the highest point of your natural lip with a lip liner. With lip liner, draw a straight line down from that point. Repeat on the other side of your top lip to form an X.
- Create your bottom lip: Now that you’ve made an X, you’ll notice that the center of your bottom lip is directly below the middle of the X. To define your X, draw the next line along the bottom of your lower lip, extending to the length of your X.
- Draw two ‘v’ shapes: Part your lips slightly and draw a sideways V at both corners of your mouth, connecting your top and bottom lips.
- Connect: To connect the lines, use short strokes of your lip liner. Angle the lip liner and hold it vertically, flat against your lip, with the tip pointing outward, for precise application.
- Complete your lips: Start at the center of your lips and work your way outward toward the corners. If you start at the corners of your mouth, you might end up drawing outside the lines, which isn’t a good look. You will have more control if you start in the center and work your way out. Fill in your upper lip first, then your lower lip.
How to keep lipstick long lasting?
Here are some tips to keep lipstick on for longer.
- Priming your lips
- Choosing a matte lipstick
- Blotting and setting your lips
- Avoiding any oily foods
There are a lot of best lip colors for dark skin as well as for light skin. You can choose the best lipstick colors according to your skin tone to complete your look.